Early Apparatus

This case, which was part of the original furnishing of the Laboratory, contains some of the apparatus bought by the Cavendish Laboratory before 1877, when Maxwell reported to the Senate that 'The Chancellor has now completed his munificent gift to the University by furnishing the Cavendish Laboratory with apparatus suited to the present state of science.'

Click here to return to the Museum